Saturday, October 20, 2012

all the way to mercury

[snuggling in the bed last night  . . . ]
Bro: I love you all the way to mercury [comes out more like "melculry"
Papa: all the way to mercury?
Bro: yeah.
Papa: I love you all the way to Neptune.
Bro: I love mama all the way to earth. I love Songbird all the way to Venus. I love Marit and Graham all the way to the moon. I love Granjan and Papa RJ all the way to the sun.


This was Bro's adaptation of the story of Little Nut-Brown Hare with new insight gleaned from our visiting professors of art and astronomy, Granjan and Papa RJ, who were here for 10 days and were a whirlwind of solar system lessons, walks, laundry and dishes and stories. It was a lovely visit. Kelly & I squeezed in not one, not two, but three (!) afternoon dates, which provided much-needed catching up for us. And the weather was off-and-on rainy, but still that glorious northern New England autumn.

Some photos from the visit.

maine maritime museum


apple picking

Androscoggin River

wolfe's neck woods - photo credit songbird!

harpswell

looking out for giants at the giant steps

looking for sea glass

Harpswell little beach

Portland Head Light

Casco Bay Lines Peaks Island Ferry


Thanks parents/in-laws/grandparents!

1 comment: