Sunday, September 7, 2014

Paper Dolls and 2 Gentlemen of Verona

I recently found these historical paper doll figures over at Practical Pages blog.  They were linked up from Jimmie's Hands-On Shakespeare site.  After reading Two Gentlemen of Verona, I thought it would be fun to try to make a few paper doll puppets with the kids and have them act out the play together.  I was picturing spending an hour or so on this project, but one hour turned into another, turned into another... Once the characters and scenes were made, there was a dress-rehearsal, followed by an actual matinee performance (for Hubry).  I was amazed at how much time and energy the kids put into it all, and they even asked me to print up different historic characters so they could make some more during their quiet time today.  I love the details on these little dolls and am so glad to have stumbled upon them.




No comments:

Post a Comment