Tuesday, February 3, 2015

GrandJan's Birthday: A Trip to Springville

My sister is back in the country for a few months, so to combine visiting with her and celebrating my Mom's birthday, the kids and I took a trip to Springville.  We had two amazing 60 degree days, and we spent as much time in the woods as we could.  It was like camping with the luxury of having soft beds to sleep in at night. :)  It's nice that my brother's family lives with my parents right now, so we got to spend a lot of time with cousins.  But we missed Kris and Katie and Hubry!
All the Grandkids

Acting silly!

Sweet little sis' 

Eating hotdogs and roasting marshmallows at the upper rock room.

Climbing trees.

Fording rivers (or springs).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys got to spend time together. Seeing pictures of playing in the woods makes me homesick. I have many happy memories of childhood romps in the forest with friends and cousins. Aida looks so grown up with her hair in braids! Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete