Monday, May 11, 2015

Eight

Dear Songbird,

You are my strong girl!  You are quick to notice an empty bird feeder and refill it with seed.  You take account of new buds and sprouts and are constantly assessing the state of the yard - bringing little reports of the plants - which you know by name.  You can not hide your excitement for life springing up in the natural world around you.  You love the animals and walk with them as your friends.

As of late you have been using your early-morning energy to bless our family with made-from scratch pancakes and waffles.  It is strange to sit in the living room beside Papa and read together while you joyfully labor in the kitchen cracking eggs, turning on the gas, flipping, and singing.  I'm not sure how long this phase will last, but it has been a blessing!

You are constantly asking how you can help - washing dishes, carrying things to and fro, and showering us with your joyful strength.

You have a very specific vision for how your life will look when you grow up, and I love seeing Bro and Raindrop listening in awe to how you will have a farm with lots of animals (that you do not eat), a house with one room and no electricity...

You are also quick to worry, and I say to you, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it - if we ever do."  And you say, "what if...what if...what if..."  I pray you will grow in faith to see that no matter what happens in the little futures of everyday life, Jesus will be with you there!

I love you, my strong girl!

Mama


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful young lady. She consistently reminds me of me when I was her age, especially the specific vision and the what ifs. Truly "those who sow in tears will reap in joy." Remind her for me that the worries don't have to have a hold on her, and it gets easier not to live in them. Love to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday sweet songbird! i am super impressed that she makes breakfast...how wonderfully helpful!

    ReplyDelete