Sunday, August 16, 2015

FOUR




Our little Raindrop is 4! The week we moved into our new house (more on this to come), we celebrated 4 years of life with Raindrop. She has been such a refreshing rain for our family - bringing a depth to our lives.

The morning I went into labor we went to Home Depot to buy some stepping stones to solve a perpetual sandy front porch issue. After working all morning laying the stones, we received a phone call from my Mom that my Grandma, who had been in and out of consciousness in the hospital, was awake and very alert. She handed my Grandma the phone and everyone had a chance to talk with her, sing songs to her, love on her. After ending what would be our last conversation ever, we went into the house for a little rest time.

While the kids were sleeping in their rooms, Hubry and I were reading quietly on the couch. I looked up and saw a beautiful, glorious rain - the kind of rain that seems completely refreshing. Even though the rain was falling steadily, the sun was shining brightly on the world. It felt like a promise.

During this rain I noticed my contractions were coming every 5 minutes, so we called our friend to come to the house and left for the hospital. A few hard hours later our Raindrop was with us. We named her after my Grandma, who passed away a few days later. I love remembering her life, and celebrating my Grandma's life together.

Sweet Raindrop, you are a gift. You are full of gentle compassion. You are quiet and reflective and notice everything going on around you. You are also extremely talkative - sharing freely from your heart. You love to play inside games - cards especially. You love to play with your dolls and imagine intricate situations with them. You love to go shopping with me and help me cook - especially when chocolate is involved :) You started school with the 4 and 5 year-old class and have been a very eager student. You love your brother and sister and look up to them immensely. You are full of light, and we treasure you!

Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. How amazing to hear of how she's changed since I've seen you guys last almost 2 whole years ago now. Thank you for sharing in such a personal way and reminding us what a gift our children are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that precious girl! she is such a delight!

    ReplyDelete