Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Display

At the end of our school year last year, I did nothing to acknowledge all of the Art that was produced at Masters' Academy.  We were preparing to buy our first house, packing things away in boxes, and generally not in a displaying state of mind.  I always regretted that, as the children worked so hard on their pieces, and they were just shoved away in a box never to be re-opened.

This year I decided that as soon as school was over I would work diligently to discover some creative way of displaying all their art from the year.  I wanted something that would not hurt the paint, or put too many holes in the wall, something that looked beautiful, and something that could be taken up and down and reused.  I thought through a lot of options, but I finally decided to go with relatively cheap black foam display boards and mavalus tape.  I am not sure how long we will leave the displays up, though I want it to be at least through the Summer.  

There is something so significant in taking time to remember the work we have done and appreciating the things we have created.  I want the kids to enjoy walking into the library every day, and to look on the walls and smile as they remember this past year of learning.



This is how they hang together on the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment