Thursday, August 17, 2017

Seasick

Thursday morning we said our hard good-byes to the folks at the school, loaded onto the back of a truck for the last time, stopped at Las Mangas for another quick good-bye to the folks at the campus, and continued the bumpy journey down the mountain to La Ceiba (with a quick stop at the wood-man for some carved canoes).

After telling multiple missionary families that taking the ocean ferry was smooth as butter, we innocently loaded the boat, only to find ourselves sick as dogs halfway through the journey.  It seems that we were not alone, because barf bags were distributed to all the passengers, and from my vantage point it looked like about 1/3 of the passengers were utilizing them.  This math holds pretty consistent, because about 1/3 of our crew were using the barf bags as well :)  Somehow I never threw-up, but I felt so. extremely. sea sick.  Had I been in charge of Liam, he would have fallen in the ocean, because I was completely unable to do a thing.  Thankfully, Hubry was holding it together, and holding Liam in the Bjorn.

It took us all a bit of time to recover our senses, and during those moments I said many prayers to God thanking him that I was not a sailor, or a pilgrim, or in the navy, or...well you get my drift.  I don't think I was made for a life on the sea.

After settling into our perfect little cabin at the Bananarama and finding some lunch, we hit the beach.  The kids were so excited that we only had to walk down a short path to get to the shore.  And we were all amazed by the crystal clear water and white sandy beach that stretched before us. 

One of the many perfect things about the place we were staying was that you could eat in your swimsuits on the edge of the beach.  Very kid friendly!!

We would have been fine if we could have taken this little water taxi all the way to the mainland!

Hubry and I loved taking the water taxis around when we visited Roatan 14 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment