Tuesday, February 5, 2013

10 Years

Hubry and I celebrated 10 years of marriage this year, and though we had two dates in one day on December 21st, our big celebration was a romantic getaway to New Orleans. OK, so I was tagging along while Hubry went to a conference and had some interviews, and I had little Raindrop in tow, but we were without the older children, and we enjoyed long walks together in the mornings and leisurely breakfasts, so at this stage in our lives that qualifies as a romantic getaway:) I actually had a wonderful time with Raindrop exploring things on her level. It was so windy and cold the first two days that I had to find indoor things to keep us busy, and thankfully she was still free. We went to the aquarium and the insectarium, all the while toddling around peeking, pointing, exploring, running here and laying down for a break there. It was such a sweet time to get to know her alone, and every time the three of us went for a walk she would sweetly look up at us and smile as if to say, "finally, I have them all to myself!" In fact, when we returned to my parents' house, she threw a big fit when Songbird and Bro came up to give us hugs and snuggle in our arms.




This last photo was taken from the floor-length window of our 43rd floor hotel-room!

No comments:

Post a Comment