Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fall Festival

The kids and I thought it would be fun to have a little Fall festival in our backyard.  We went out into the world in search of suitable carving pumpkins, marshmallows, candy corn and fire wood.  Then we set to work planning our designs.  It turns out I was the only one who was really able to actually carve into the pumpkins, and the swirly designs the kids drew were virtually impossible for me to cut out with my basic kitchen knife.  So instead we went with triangles....  After we were done carving we lit a candle inside each pumpkin, and then Hubry arrived home just in time to help light to fire.  He even let the kids have roasted marshmallows with candy corn on top:). I love how kids get so excited about things as simple as last-minute homemade Fall festivals.





1 comment: