Saturday, December 19, 2015

Pine Mountain Wild Safari

You never know what's going to happen when Uncle Jim invites you to an animal park.  In my mind I was picturing a zoo-type environment - even after we pulled up to the premises.  The parking lot was packed full of cars, and all the people walking around seemed regular enough.  I easily convinced myself we were all there to look at the animals - like at a zoo.

I started getting confused when Uncle Jim said we needed to get back in the car.  In my innocence I mentioned something about never having visited a zoo in my car before.  He still chose to let the experience speak for itself, and I found out pretty quickly, being the driver and pulling through the grate and being greeted by a mass of very large animals with horns, that this was NOT a zoo!!

I was definitely taken off-guard when above mentioned mass of very large horned-animals started putting their heads in my window and licking their slobbery tongues all over the exterior of the car.  I had a moment of panick when I realized we were completely trapped.  What was I supposed to do - barrel through and risk running over hooves?  Not to mention all the commotion within my own car since none of the children were buckled and all of us were amazed at what was happening.





2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That would've been shocking! I want to take the family there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so funny! uncle jim sent me texts about your time yesterday...what fun!

    ReplyDelete