Sunday, March 20, 2016

Early

It seems like Spring came earlier than usual this year.  My past association with the season of Lent is dark and cold - which couples well with the giving up and sacrifice of the season.  But the last few weeks have seemed warm and colorful.  It's as if the earth is giving gift upon gift, and I have to convince myself that it is still the season of sacrifice.  Resurrection is already happening around me, and I look forward to celebrating the fullness of this truth one week from today.

I am also celebrating new life inside me!  I have spent the last few months mostly in the cave of my bed hibernating in sickness, and just as the weather has warmed, my sickness has finally started to ease.  I have been able to walk outside with the children, picnic on the grass, and feel the warmth of the sun on my back.  And for all these gifts I am deeply grateful.

These two cuties asked me to snap their picture by the tulips this morning.  Little Raindrop is wearing the dress that Songbird wore for her baptism 4 years ago.  She has been waiting and waiting to open the bag of Spring hand-me-downs from sister, and today was the day!




2 comments:

  1. Aaah! If I had been reading your blog I would have seen your happy news weeks ago. :) I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! If I had been reading your blog I would have seen your happy news weeks ago. :) I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete