Monday, September 4, 2017

Roatan: Part One

        I opened my eyes, stretched, and yawned.  It was morning.  Small shaded shapes came through the window onto the bed that my brother and I were sleeping on.  My brother had just woken up, too, and we looked out the window together.

A tree blocked the full view of the window, making it hard to see out, but there were six nests cradled in the crooks of the branches.  The night before we had watched a crow add a piece of straw to one of the nests.  We waited to see if another bird would come, but we watched in vain.

So we decided to climb out of bed and down the latter, for BRO and I had been sleeping in a bed up in the loft of our cabin. Since it was only 5:30 in the morning and breakfast wasn’t until 8:00, we thought it would be the perfect time for a swim.


Papa, me, Benjamin, Eliza, and Tante Corrie put on our swimsuits and took our snorkeling gear down the short path to the ocean.

                                               *** Guest Post: Miss Songbird ***








No comments:

Post a Comment