Monday, September 4, 2017

Arts and Crafts

This Summer we went to work at a school in Honduras called Instituto El Rey.  I got to help in the arts and crafts and English class.  All of the students could speak at least a few words of English, and one class could speak English really well.

The first project we worked on was making necklaces out of modeling clay.  We also made wooden bracelets wrapped in string. And then we made paper bracelets.  I mostly walked around helping the students.

When I helped in the English class, I asked the students questions like, 

“Do you have any brothers and sisters?” 
“How old are you?”
“What job do you do?”
“Do you have any animals?”

During the week I made a new friend, Yeiry.  I first met her in the art and crafts class.  And then we started sitting together at snack and lunch.  Yeiry is 12 years-old and she is very kind.

I’m so glad I got to go to Honduras, and I hope I will be able to go back sometime!

The End

**Guest post by Miss Raindrop**





No comments:

Post a Comment