Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I don't want to grow up

Songbird: "I don't ever want to grow up."
Me: "Why not?"
Songbird: "Because grownups have to work all the time, and I just want to play."
Me: "Well there are some things grown ups get to do that are fun."
Songbird: "Like what?"
Me: "Well...(long pause) like taking dates with your husband to buy special coffee drinks."
Songbird: "Oh yeah.  When I get married my husband and I are going to go to the coffee shop every day and buy hot chocolate.  That's right - George WIlder and I will have a lot of special dates!"
Me: "Oh, are you going to marry George Wilder?"
Songbird: "Yep..."  (How else can she be Amelia's sister?)

3 comments:

  1. I love it. What a couple! miss you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Tell Songbird that she's in good company... I don't want to grow up either (although coffee definitely becomes more appealing the less sleep I get) :)

    ReplyDelete