Thursday, October 9, 2014

How do you Know I'm Beautiful?

Tonight while tucking Songbird into bed, she said she wished she had bright red hair - fiery red!  I asked why, and she said because it would be so beautiful.  Then I stroked her face and her hair and said how beautiful I thought she was.  I told her that God made her hair flaxen and eyes brown, and that they were so beautiful that way.  She then asked, "But how do you know I'm beautiful?"  I said, "Well, I look at you every day."  Then she said, "But you don't look at me all the time."  I told her that I didn't have to look at her all the time, that I knew her already, and that she was beautiful. At this she smiled and was satisfied, and I marveled at her innocence.

She is so lovely to me.  My precious, forgetful, distractible, strong, beautiful animal-loving girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment