Thursday, October 23, 2014

Practice Run

The kids had their practice races tonight for Kilometer Kids.  They did a great job, and both worked so hard.  Songbird hadn't run more than 1.5 miles without stopping before, so I was interested to see how things would go for her. She also gets a side-stitch almost every time she runs (why???).  But tonight she was on fire and ran the whole thing without stopping in 29:30!!!  I think that's a great time.

Bro was pretty much smoking, and he ran an 8:12 mile!  I ran the first mile with Aida, then hopped over to run the mile with Benjamin (and almost couldn't keep up), and then hopped back over to join Aida.

I'm so proud of their hard work and (mostly) good attitudes.  They do a great job at KK encouraging everyone to do their best and have fun!  Such a great neighborhood activity we stumbled into:). The race is just over a week away...

2 comments:

  1. Um, Benjamin....you are my hero! That is faster than I have ever run a mile. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have some mighty little runners on your hands! what great times! tell aida it helps me to take slower, deeper breaths when i have a stitch...versus the normal panting that running usually causes. love to you all!

    ReplyDelete