Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sick

I don't remember when the last time I was sick in this way was.  When I think of sick, my mind is flooded with images of the early months of pregnancy.  But the sick of today is flue-like - achy all over, sore throat and ears and head, glued to the couch all. day. long.  My mother-n-law did 5 loads of laundry and kept a half eye on the kids, all while providing me with tea and crackers, etc.  My father-n-law and Hubry worked all day on our bed - fixing it so the mattress is not on the floor.  All the while I just stayed still and quiet on the couch.

We had a full afternoon / evening planned, and everyone, including the babe, just drove away in the car.  I am still here, and the house is so quiet.  Come to think of it, this is the first time since we've moved to Maine that I've been totally alone in the house for longer then a 30 minute chunk of time.  Kind-of eary.  I want to use my time well, but there's not much to do from a lying down position :)

4 comments:

  1. Rest and get well, sweet friend. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how sickness draws up back up into ourselves sometimes and gives us a sort of rest from the normal routine however awful it makes us feel at the time... praying for a good rest and peace during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoping and praying you are feeling better today. and i'm so thankful you have some help visiting so you really can rest. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're right as rain now! When I was pregnant and like that it was strange, like I thought everything would just fall apart if I was on the couch, but it didn't(for the most part :) Miss seeing your sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete